Insight: What Is Trusted Contacts Feature On Facebook?
In this post, we are going to talk about the one particular feature of Facebook which will help you when you are locked out of your Facebook account.
This post is an answer to the question:
- How can I choose friends to help me log in if I ever get locked out of my account?
- How to login if I ever locked out of my account on facebook?
What Is Trusted Contacts Feature On Facebook?
How To Recover Facebook Account With Trusted Contacts?
- You might need to find or search your account by entering your email, phone, username or full name. You might see the list of email addresses listed on your account. Sadly, If you don’t have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these? option.
- Here you need to enter a new email or phone that you know you can access and click Continue option.
- Now, we are the main page as you can see the Reveal My Trusted Contacts option. Click on that and type the full name of one of your trusted contacts.
- Facebook will provide you a set of instructions that includes a special link. This is the moment where your trusted contacts can help you as the link contains a recovery code that only your Trusted Contacts can access.
How To get the recovery code from your Trusted Contacts:
- Send your friend the special link and ask them to open it. Your friends from trusted contacts will see a login code on that special link. Ask them to give the login code to you and use the recovery codes from your trusted contacts to access your account.
- Congratulations, Now you can access your Facebook account.